Dr Lusanda Jonas is a Fellow of the College of Surgeons, and a Specialist General Surgeon. Dr Jonas obtained her MBChB at the University of Cape Town and went on to further her education at the University of Witwatersrand, earning her Masters in Medicine (MMed).
Dr Jonas is trained in treating and diagnosing all benign and malignant breast diseases, as well as different breast operations; this includes breast conservation surgery. She currently heads the Breast and Endocrine Unit at Pietersberg Hospital.
– Patient and family education on breast diseases and breast cancer
– Screening and diagnosis of breast cancer
– Treatment of Breast Cancer; medical and surgical treatment including breast-conserving surgery
– Treatment of benign breast diseases
– Referral for genetic screening and counselling
– Introduction to a multidisciplinary team of specialists that will play an integral part of your treatment:
Specialist General Surgeon, Radiologist, Oncologist, Plastics and Reconstruction Surgeon, Pathologist, Psychologist, Social Worker, Wound care specialist